Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Good Day?

So today started off with a morning that could have signified an epically horrible day.

I dragged myself at of bed at 6:30 am to head to the gym to do my 5x400 meter sprints on the treadmill. I did them by walking .25 miles at 4.0 and then running .25 miles at 6.0 so I ended up with 2.5 miles. Toward the end I had to make my walking/recovering time a little slower so that my heart rate would go down, it was jumping up into the 190's! But, unfortunately, the last .02 of my LAST sprint I was thinking the entire time of not puking... I had to stop immediately and take deep breaths but unfortunately I had to grab my junk really quickly and make a brisk bee-line to the bathroom where I (thank GOODNESS) made it to that blessed toilet and heaved for several minutes. Next time I'll have to run my sprint a little slower at 5.8 or so and possibly run on the treadmills closer to the bathroom. Then I started "that time" while I was getting ready for work. Ugh.

Next, the girls at work were trying to make me want to kill myself all day even though I, through the goodness of my heart and apparently naive optimism, took them to the pool. Although, they did take an almost 2 hour nap later, I ended up with a splitting headache.

BUT BUT BUT, I was surprised with a day off tomorrow! Hooray! I'm going to spend the day doing my workout and tanning at the pool BY MYSELF and then cleaning the house. It'll be a good day.

PLUS, I'm down to 139.6, 3.2 lbs down from Monday and that can't be too bad since I'm sure I'm also bloating from my period which makes that amazing!  So instead of having a horrible day like I could have, I'm actually in a general pleasant mood! I've done every workout so far that's on my schedule and I feel so different now. Like everything clicked. I'm not struggling with not wanting to eat this way or having to workout. Ever since I worked out with the trainer on Monday I realized how much better it makes me feel. Like a detox of bad feelings, like I'm cleaner (even though I sweat buckets).

Tomorrow? Tomorrow is a 3 mile run, which will be ran outside so that I can soak up some more glorious sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment